- Dress me in natural fibers. Let me sleep with natural bedding. Polyester is oftentimes flammable and dosen't allow my skin to breathe properly.
- Don't use me as a billboard for multinational corporate logos and slogans. My real identity is with you. I need you to coax it out of me.
- Encourage me to eat naturally rather than fast foods and sodas. You will enjoy my 'natural' state rather than the addictive one.
- Eliminate 'dairy' from my diet! You have all the milk I need. Cows milk is for baby cows.
- Stop 'shaking and shushing ' me when I cry. Take a deep breath a sing softly. The more relaxed you are the more comfort I find in your touch.
- I don't need an attention span. I need your ability to keep my attention. An endless supply of humor does the trick.
- Teach me my environment is my inheritence. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
- Take me to thrift stores. Not malls!
- Teach me financial responsability. Don't let me go into debt for the sake of instant gratification.
- Raise me without the influence of television. Be my 'remote' control.
- If you hug me every day I may never go away.emptyhearted.
- Show me that to do as you do is the right thing to do.
- Teach me to bike, swim, and run. Most pro sports aren't sporting.
- ELIMINATE soft-drinks completely. They're addictive and unhealthy.
- We are each other's student and teacher and those roles are reversable always.
- Check the internet for RECALLS. My safety comes first. But you know that!
- Show me community and respect for my humanity.
- Teach me the words to the song "The Greatest Love" over and over again. And then teach me "Imagine" by John Lennon.
- READ and RESEARCH the ingredients on everything you surround me with.
- We have an 18 year commitment with each other. I am bound to do as you have taught me and exemplified.
- Your undying patience with me will teach me patience with my own children and keep me from hurting them. Since I am conceived in love I want to be received in love.
© 2002 garry golightly